Apprentice Diesel Fitter, Gladstone Regional Council, Calliope
The purpose of this position is to support the Fleet Maintenance section by undertaking, to completion, Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Diesel Fitting) training, to repair, service and maintain Council’s fleet of heavy earthmoving plant and heavy vehicle assets.
1. Completion of Senior Certificate.
2. Minimum sound achievement in Mathematics and English.
3. Time management skills to prioritise and complete tasks.
4. Communication and literacy skills to complete required paperwork.
5. Perform physical tasks on a daily basis.
6. Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card).
7. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Applicants are required to answer the job specific screening questions and provide a resume, as this forms part of the application process. For further information about the role, please refer to the position description. Applicants should note that due to the volume of applications expected, the evaluation process will take several days and feedback on individual applications submitted is unable to be provided.
Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship, Gladstone
EnerMech is one of the world’s leading providers of fully integrated mechanical, electrical and instrumentation services to the global energy and infrastructure markets. With more than 3000 people in 40 locations across 23 countries, our Australian operations provide both on and offshore services to a number of local and global clients in the region. We have a great opportunity for a motivated, mechanically minded individual to undertake their MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade apprenticeship in our Gladstone workshop.
The Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade covers the competencies required for employment as an Engineering Tradesperson – Mechanical, including the design, assembly, manufacture, installation, modification, testing, fault finding, commissioning, maintenance
and service of all mechanical equipment, machinery, fluid power systems, stationary and mobile equipment, instruments, refrigeration, and the use of computer controlled machine tools.
We are looking for an individual who is committed to undertaking to completion the full four year apprenticeship, and who will enjoy working across a diverse range of specialist on and offshore equipment and machinery.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Minimum completion of Year 12
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to problem solve and learn new concepts
- Ability to work under supervision
- Capable of meeting pre-employment medical requirements, including fitness and D&A testing
- A commitment to working Monday – Friday, and Saturdays as required
If you would like to apply please do so via the link or directly through our website at www.enermech.com/careers/vacancies